What You Need To Know:
Visit the website by Eric “Dacron” Bickernicks, who maintains an excellent website devoted to Dogtown and it’s history, lore, geocaches, trail maps and more. View, save, or print his detailed map of Boulder Trail with GPS coordinates. You can also visit the Essex Heritage website for additional info & directions.
Driving Directions to Trailhead
11 Dogtown Road
Gloucester, MA 01930
Cherry St/Dogtown Common Entrance:
From: Rte-128 North to Gloucester and the first rotary (Grant Circle).
- Take the exit to Rte- 127/Annisquam (Washington St).
- Follow Washington St. to Reynard St. on your right (about 1 mile).
- Turn right onto Reynard St, then left onto Cherry St. at the end of Reynard St.
- Follow Cherry St. a short distance to the entrance to Dogtown Common on your right (there will be a brown sign).
- Drive up the hill to a parking area with a sign; you may also park along the road.
From Gloucester/Rockport, go to Grant Circle Rotary and follow the above directions.